Erick was born in Ireland and raised in Cullman, Alabama. He received his bachelor’s degree from Auburn University and began marketing and public relations work for a multinational corporation soon after graduation. After several years of travel, and a growing desire to switch from business to the law, Erick enrolled in Faulkner University’s Thomas Goode Jones School of Law.
Coming from a long line of Mobile lawyers, Erick moved to Mobile upon graduation where he began his practice that would see him representing and defending local governmental entities, corporations, and insurance companies. During this time, he produced favorable outcomes for his clients concerning a variety of litigation matters in both motion practice and by obtaining many defense verdicts presenting cases to juries as lead counsel. A successful trial lawyer, Erick possesses a results driven and meticulous work ethic. He has tried numerous cases to verdict over the years and his results in the courtroom have earned him an excellent reputation among his peers. After having represented the interests of powerful entities in the courtroom, Erick now forwards the case and cause of individuals harmed by the conduct of others.
In addition to representing those who have been wronged or injured, Erick serves as an officer in the Alabama National Guard. He is the Battalion Judge Advocate for 1st Battalion, 20th Special Forces Group (A) and is Airborne qualified. He previously served his community as a former board member of the Arthritis Foundation and is currently a member of the Senior Bowl Committee. He has also served on the Mobile Bar Association’s Young Lawyer Executive Committee.
Erick and his wife, DeLacy, take the greatest pleasure in raising their two sons, Lan and Thomas. When not practicing law or spending time with family, Erick enjoys playing golf, saltwater fishing, and SCUBA diving.
Bar Admissions, Certifications, and Professional Associations
- The Supreme Court of the United States of America
- The Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- The United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- The United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- The United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Mobile County Bar Association
- Baldwin County Bar Association
- Paul W. Brock Chapter, American Inns of Court
- U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps
- Faulkner University, Thomas Goode Jones School of Law, J.D. (2007)
- Auburn University, B.S.B.A. (2001)